Monday, September 19, 2011

Typography





The first type that I used was a San-Serif font called Myriad Pro. This font is very straight forward in your face, yet it has some round and smooth aspects to it. If I had to describe this font I would have to say it is very playful and a "young" person's font. If I had to compare it to a car I would have to say this font would be a 2011 Corvette. It is a very professional font and can be used in important documents but depending on how it is used and who uses it, this font can bring out the inner child in a person, just like behind the wheel of a corvette, professional yet playful.

The second font I used is a Serif font called Georgia. This font seems very classy and would be used on important documents. This typeface reminds me of the book The Great Gatsby it seems very old fashioned and makes me think of very formal old people that are dressed in hundred dollar suits. If I had to compare this font to a car it would have to be a 1964 Rolls Royce. The reason this typeface compares to this car is because it is very fancy and usually surrounded with money and old people/collector's.

The Image above can explain myriad pro.

1 comment: