Monday, September 19, 2011

Anatomy Assignment

museo
For my serif font, I chose one that I've been really fond of lately: Museo, by the Exljbris Font Foundry. It is very high-fashion, modern, effortlessly and casually updating serifs for a younger, more contemporary feel. I would liken it to an iPod: sure, there were music players before, but Apple's devices are indisputably beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. As fangirl-ish as it sounds, they are a joy to use. This is what Museo is to me. Functional (for both text body/copy and display!), beautiful, haute-couture with just a dash of whimsy.

khand
For my sans-serif font, I chose one I recently discovered for a work project: Khand. It's a handwriting font, and it does an absolutely smashing job of looking...well, handwritten. Aside from this, it's very legible, which can't be said about all fonts in this category. It looks slightly rushed, which generally helps it look more low-key. However, depending on how it's used or which other typefaces it's paired with, it can work very well in a more upscale environment. In that way, it puts me in mind of a trendy brand of jeans. On the one hand, it's a pair of blue jeans, no better than any other. But on the other, it's possible to spend several hundred dollars on a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment