Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Anatomy Assignment

Bodoni XT

For my serif font, I chose Bodoni XT. It is part of the Bodoni series of serif fonts designed by Giambattista Bodoni.The letters are large and make a statement. They are geometric letters with very strong lines. If Bodoni XT was a machine, it would be a freight train. It is simple and loud, but also different depending on the context. If Bodoni XT was a performer, it would be a magician. It is bold without being abrasive while still entertaining.


New Cicle

I chose New Cicle as my san serif font. I am drawn to it because of its clean lines and matter-of-fact curves. They are smooth, large letters that are easy on the eye. This font has tall, simple capital letters and soft, curvy lower case letters. I would compare New Cicle to a pair of diamond earrings. The design of both is very simple, but also very elegant. Diamonds come in a variety of ways, but they are always very neat. This font displays some confidence without being too invasive. If New Cicle was an animal, it would be a horse. It is quiet and reserved, but holds a lot of power.


1 comment:

  1. "Matter-of-fact curves" is an awesome way of putting it. I also like that font, I'm a fan of modern, thin fonts. I lik ethe W and Q, particularly, though I'm not a fan of the R.

    ReplyDelete